Saturday, December 31, 2005

STORY TIME!!

So we had to take Kristen back to work in Snoqualmie (100 mile drive) yesterday because her car got hosed so her and bethany and dad and I all went.
On the rainy way there, our windshield wipers died and so dad stopped in Ellensburg to fix them, during which time we all went and ate. Dad fixed the wipers and we continued on, until we got to I-don't-know-where but someplace on the freeway not too far from our final destination. There we came upon a ridiculous line of cars that went for like 10 miles or something crazy like that, so we stopped and waited. And waited. ....aaand wwaaaaaiiiited. We dialed the 511 (pass info) number and they said there had been a turbo wreck, but you'd think they would've gotten everything out of the way so that freeway traffic continued. We waited some more. And some more. We played cards. We talked about numerous things like how gross it would be to throw up some jalapeno hotdogs.

About 3 hours later traffic was moving again. Good grief. So we drove on and never saw any signs of wreckage. No cars, no glass, no tracks, no emergency vehicles, nothing. (well we did see a lot of snowmen that people had built during the 3 hours) So naturally we were like, "ehhhh...what the heck?" and finally we arrived at the Family Pancake House (where my sister works) and we ate there. One of the waitresses said she'd heard that the stoppage of freewayness was caused by police checking for chains, but the problem was why would they stop all that traffic for three hours, and why didn't we see any checking and...yeah. I really don't know what we were waiting for. There were lots of other slippery adventures though, and we saw about 1 toppled semi, and maybe 6 or more cars that had spun out of control on the side of the road. Not good traveling conditions at all. But we're alive. ^_^

So we made a 200 mile trip and it only took 12 hours! Beauty, eh?

(ahhh, mom just said postage was going up by 2 cents! =O )

10 comments:

Sir Brian The Manly said...

I saw some green veins, but then they subsided.

Sir Brian The Manly said...

(I almost told Manservant to get out the hammer and nails though for the roofing, but then I found out we wouldn't be needing them)

Anonymous said...

Brian. One time it took my family 12 hours to get from Pullman to Gig Harbor. That was a disgusting trip. We had to drive down to Yakima and over some scary pass cause the pass was closed.

I pity you.

Anonymous said...

dude don't worry. the superhero stamps will make up for it, duh. ;) lol or something?

Kaits said...

one time we went from Renton to Illinois in 2 days. Normally it takes us 4 days and that's over 3000 miles.

Yeah....just felt like sharing...

Sir Brian The Manly said...

(I should've got those stamps.)

Beth said...

*cough* it's spelled snoqualmie

Sir Brian The Manly said...

yes of course, I knew that.

Anonymous said...

Yet you still haven't fixed it. I wouldn't have even tried to spell that.

Kaits: Did you speed? I was at Ikea, hoping to see you on the 19th. But I didn't. :'(

Kaits said...

Elyse: Believe it or not....I've never been to Ikea!!!!!! We drive by it all the time and when people find out I live in renton they say:"How close to the ikea are you?"

Next time you're coming down this way send me an e-mail. maybe we could meet. :O