Thursday, September 21, 2006

First of all...Our movie is finished!! Actually it's been finished since about Monday but I've been so blasted busy with school (imagine...ME being busy!? WEIRD!) that I haven't been able to post it. Anyway uhhh...intro.

Have you ever wondered what pirates, true love, and full moons have in common?

WARNING!
This is quite possibly the campiest film ever released by Reels About Nothing


Quicktime H.264 high quality
Quicktime H.264
Old Quicktime
Windows Media Player high quality
Windows Media
YouTube

====================

And now a school story. So in English 101 we had to read this stupid story about John and Jane and it had multiple endings and some of them were kind of trashy. Anyway, the teacher went into this big thing about taking apart the story and seeing how it applies to our lives and times today and stuff. I hate stuff like that. So as I was mentally muttering things to myself about how this was stupid and ridiculous and stuff, the teacher began talking about how he was going to group us into pairs and have us write our own versions of John and Jane. I thought to myself, "AHH!" at first because I knew people would be trying to write all this deep shocking stuff that had life meaning and all this stuff that I didn't care about, so I suddenly got an idea. I partnered up with the dude next to me (probably a little older than I) and I was hesitant, because I wasn't sure what he'd think of my goony idea, but I really didn't want to think up...whatever the teacher was expecting. So I just kind of jokingly threw out my suggestion and the dude was like, "hmmm...I kind of like where you're going with that" and we expanded upon the idea, and in my mind I was laughing histarically because I was victorious. Now I wanted to keep the story because I thought it was so awesome, but the teacher made everybody leave them. =(
..but I shall attempt to rewrite it fairly close to what it was..


John met Jane as the settlement was moving on. They finally set up camp at last, after a hard journey through the seemingly endless desert, and as they rested, John began looking at the people around him. He noticed all the tightely knit families and the loving relationships in the camp, and he turned and smiled at Jane.
Sometime later, John and Jane were married and Jane was pregnant with John's child. They were so happy together, and John's love for Jane had grown enough that he felt he needed to finally tell her the truth about himself. So one night, John went over to Jane and explained to her, "Honey...I have something to tell you. I'm not human. I am actually from beyond the stars. I come from the planet Zor'rok, and I have flown here to Earth because I need to have a child with another species that is immune to our diseases. You humans are one of those species. You see, if I have a child with my one of my own kind, the child will not survive." He took her by the hands and added, "I...just thought you deserved to know."
Jane appeared to be sad; looked up with tears in her eyes, and exclaimed, "John, I too am from Zor'rok! Our child is doomed!!"

Needless to say, there was no story like ours. XD I explained on Tuesday though, when we were all introducing ourselves, that I had a strange sense of humor and get called weird at least once a day, so...hmmm. But I have a feeling if I do well in this class, it will probably only be because I do okay at writing and stuff. Not because I take things seriously. ^_^


========


Edit: Oh yeah, and COMIC ATTACK - Library Computers

6 comments:

Kaits said...

About the film: That car/ship transformation thing was awesome.

About the story: Sheer brilliance.

About the comic: How do you guys type while leaning so far back from the computer? :O

Father Cory said...

:laugh: Amazing. I once met a guy from Zor'rok. He was pretty cool.


And hehehehe...I always install stuff on college/library computers XD Or go through their files and see what else is on there.

Father Cory said...

Oh man! That movie was the best yet!

...but I don't get it XD

The fight sequence was the greatest evar.

Sir Brian The Manly said...

Kaits: I don't know. Long arms, long fingers maybe? ^_^

Cory: He was a were-pirate, he bit the cop and the cop turned into one too, and the aliens were just a deus ex machine. ;) ..oh and as for the fight scene..I animated it and then bragged to people that I just animated an entire fight scene where nobody hits eachother. XD (and also...ever wonder how in RPGs you swing a sword and it says "Miss"? I think that's how it happens.)

Jesta: w0rd.

Hugh: I think I'm going to do that. Pure genius. *evil grin*

Anonymous said...

my brother > your brother

Beth said...

and by anonymous i totally meant bethany.