Monday, December 04, 2006

STORY TIME!!

I was at Hugh's place, and he had his bread hanging from the ceiling because he said he had a mouse roaming about. Well we were doing stuff on the computer and we heard a scratching sound coming from his closet. We looked but saw nothing. Later we heard it again so we investigated and found that it was coming from inside his wall. Back in his closet there's a cut-out in the wall where the water heater sits, and it's blocked off by a partition which is screwed on. So we were like, "aha, the mouse is behind the partition" so I unscrewed the bottom, pulled it out a bit, shined my flashlight inside and said, "Hugh, it's not a mouse." He looked in and it was a bird! He figured it flew in and came down through the attic. It was about maybe 8 or so inches from head to tail and it had an uber pointy inch long beak of spikey death, and it had huge flesh-tearing talons! It was kind of cute, actually. So I waited, holding the partition open, but all it did was peak it's head out and blink at me for a long time. So finally I just left it and Hugh and I returned to the computer. We kind of half-forgot about it for a while when suddenly we heard a "FLTLPTLTLPTLPTT!!" (that's a flapping wing sound. I do it better with my mouth) and we looked up and saw the bird flying in circles around the room, running into window blinds and walls, and buzzing right passed our head with it's pointy death beak! So we ducked down in a panic and Hugh was like, "Dude, get the camera!" so I grabbed it and attempted to snap a picture but kind of failed. Finally I moved to the couch and the bird landed on the bed. Hugh got some pictures of it and opened the front door. The bird buzzed us a couple more times and then zipped out the door. Needless to say, our hearts were going and it had been quite an eventful morning. He still has to deal with a mouse though.


Oh and zAny and I watched Cars. I liked it. As I had expected, it was a bit more childlike than Incredibles, but the animation was still turbo wæsome. I also like her too of course.

I think I did quite poorly on my Music final today. yippee. =P

10 comments:

Sir Brian The Manly said...

I'd also like to point out that this post was made at 1:23pm.

Sir Brian The Manly said...

And also my family is being strange. But that's not anything new. My dad just turned on Mr. Bean and my sister is building a fake Christmas Tree.

Anonymous said...

our family is strange....what else is new.

Anonymous said...

a fake christmas tree? r u allergic to the bark on real ones? i used to be but than my hearing got better.

Sir Brian The Manly said...

Does it affect your spelling too? Bwahaha!

Naw, my mom just didn't want to go out and buy one because she doesn't like to deal with them and they're actually don't have any meaning to them, they're just one of those traditional things that some people like because...well whyever(ha!) people like them. So mom doesn't care about them, my sisters do, and so fakeness ensued.

Sir Brian The Manly said...

- they're
+ they

Anonymous said...

When I first read this I thought it said, "I was at Hugh's place, and he had his beard hanging from the ceiling...." I was like, "Hmm.... I don't seem to remember him having a long beard (if any beard at all)." Then I re-read it and laughed.

Poor birdie and that would have been REALLY scary to have a crazy bird flying around.

Sir Brian The Manly said...

Hahaha, beard. Actually he does have one though. Somewhat.

Anonymous said...

well if i were going to guess who had a beard hanging from their ceiling hugh would definately be among the list. but that's just because he bit me and my cat.

Anonymous said...

My bird died two days ago. He used to do that all the time and scare the heck out of people. And then he would leave a gift on them. Some people are glad that he has left this world...