Wednesday, November 24, 2010

We are so stupidly helpless when the power goes out. Unless we want to use gas at risk of explosion or poisoning, then if the power goes out nearly everything we use becomes next to worthless. Can't charge cell phones, can't get communication through TV, radio, or computer (once the batteries die anyway,) can't use heating, heat blankets, space heaters can't even heat up things like rice packs 'cause they need a microwave, can't use electrical lights, can't shower with hot water, and can't wash clothes. Basically we'd need to start fires to get anything useful done.